Tuesday, September 29, 2009

They Smelt of Krispy Kreme

I was awakened this morning at 3:25 by a strange noise. After rising out of bed and investigating I found evidence that someone had been in my back yard, so I dialed 911. An Atlanta police officer soon arrived, and I explained what I saw and heard.
He said he'd take a look in the back yard. That's when I noticed him walking with a pronounced limp.
Uh-oh, House is on the case!
Parked at the curb, he fumbled around his front seat for almost five minutes, when a second patrol car pulled alongside. The first cop says to the other "I can't find my flashlight."
The second cop loans him a spare light, and both finally join me for a looksee out back. The second cop looks like Queen Latifah, and I doubt that either could break the twenty second barrier in a 100-meter sprint.
The second patrol car is still in the street, blocking other vehicles that might try to venture past.
We didn't find anything unusual out back, but I suppose the prowler used those moments to nab the doughnuts from the front seat of Officer Latifah's car.

No comments:

Post a Comment