Friday, September 11, 2009

CBS: TV Terrorists

The other night, I joined my son as he was watching TV in our den. We watched a drama called Criminal Minds. At first, it seemed to predictably follow the CSI-Law&Order formula, with a crew of buff twentysomething detectives directed by a token grayhair, assisted by the usual array of slick computer databases which always manage to find the right surveillance photo and then zoom in for a clear read of the the crook's license plate.
Criminal Minds managed to distinguish itself by driving the whole shebang off the cliff of decency.
This particular episode showed the bad guy abducting, torturing and dismembering his victims, and then feeding them to a sty full of pigs.
We turned it off, but not before the disgusting images took root in my mind and haunted me for the next day. How, I wonder, do the jerks at CBS explain their exploitive drivel to their family and friends?

1 comment:

  1. I just watched the movie Gladiator and it had some of the similar types of violence and gore. It made me a little sick. But there are two big differences -- the movie is rated R and TV is not rated. Plus, the Gladiator is based on history, and the TV show is simply a made up drama. The crime show sounds sick and disturbing, and is certainly a reason why I and others I know don't watch TV.

    Hope you are doing well these days.

    ReplyDelete